Are you a coffee drinker? It seems like either people can’t live without their coffee or couldn’t care less about it.
So let’s assume you DO depend on your morning cup to get your day going.
Are you actually getting much out of your coffee, besides a little friendly, welcome wake-up call, and hopefully a slight energy boost? Why not take your coffee to a new level, and use your tall, dark, and handsome friend for a little health boost, too?
We’ve got just the thing for a simple, go-to coffee recipe that’s delicious AND gives you a little something better for your body.
Why are we humming about Hemp’d Up coffee?
Well first, because it’s coffee. (And we know you agree on that point!)
Did you know that coffee is actually considered to be fairly good for your health? It contains antioxidants that contribute to improved health for your heart, colon, liver, brain, joints, and more!
The caffeine in coffee, assuming you’re not drinking decaf, of course, also contributes to increased metabolism. We all know that increased metabolism can help you burn more calories in a day and lose a little weight. What a win, from just a morning cup of joe!
But the trouble with caffeine is the possibility of it causing anxiety, jitters, and a little too much energy feeling for some of us. That’s where the hemp oil comes in.
What are the benefits of hemp oil?
When you add hemp to your coffee, you’re adding a lot of goodness. If you were to add hemp protein powder, for example, you’d obviously be adding some muscle-building power to your morning.
But hemp oil is actually a byproduct of hemp protein production, which means it’s a little light on protein content. What it DOES add to your coffee is a little bit of cleaner fat.
Most people hear that and think that’s not a great addition, especially for weight loss goals. But here’s the tricky part: having the right fats, and at the right levels, in your diet also actually helps suppress your appetite. Obviously, as a result, you’ll eat less and consume a little less in calories in your day. And THAT is a perfect recipe for weight loss!
Besides that, hemp oil benefits also include:
- Omega fatty acids
- Helps fight inflammation
- Improved digestion and heart, liver, brain, etc. health
- Helps boost your immune system functions
- Improve PMS symptoms
- Help with weight loss
- And more!
It’s a superfood by itself, so adding it to your coffee makes for a solid boost to your day!
Hemp’d Up Coffee Recipe
- 2 tsp. Humming Hemp Oil – Original
- 1 Tbsp. Laird Superfood Creamer ®
- 1 cup coffee
- Brew your favorite cup of coffee via your preferred method.
- Add Humming Hemp Oil & Laird Superfood Creamer.
- Stir lightly and enjoy!
- Why do we love the Laird Superfood Creamer? It’s plant-based and vegan, as well as gluten-free. With this, you aren’t adding the same fats and sugars to your coffee as you would with traditional dairy-based creamers. We won’t even talk about coffee syrups and the sugars those pack in!
- Feel free to try this with any coffee brand and flavor — find the combination that’s the best for your taste buds!
- These add-in ingredients will blend best into hot coffee, so if you want to try it as an iced coffee mix it hot and then pour over ice to make sure it blends nice and smooth!
You can grab our Humming Hemp Oil and ship it right to your door through our online shop, or you can find a store that carries it near you using our store locator tool.
Snap a pic using your favorite coffee mug and tag us on Instagram with @humminghemp and #humminghemp!